TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Learn from an expert with 20+ years of hands-on experience
Dr. Milsap has assisted both local educational and behavioral agencies and state education agencies in restructuring schools in positive ways when the educational movement called for greater accountability at every level. Her experience includes using techniques for linking assessment to interventions when consulting with teachers to enhance the classroom performance of students.
Helping Others Develop Mental Health Care Skills
Dr. Milsap has taught undergraduate courses in academic study skills, undergraduate psychology courses, and graduate education courses. She demonstrates expertise in Response to Intervention (RTI), clinical training, collaborative problem solving, data-based decision making, training educators, administrators, clinicians, counseling, and developing academic and behavioral interventions. Dr. Milsap’s seminars are founded on peer-reviewed research, experience, training, and education that have been shared with educators in local education agency training, seminars in various states, and local conventions.
A passionate advocate for the use of evidence-based practices in mental health care, Dr. Milsap is committed to providing high-quality training and consulting to help others develop the skills they need to provide effective mental health care.
Dr. Milsap’s training and professional development courses cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Assessment and intervention for mental health disorders
- The use of therapy with specific populations, such as children, adolescents, adults, and families
- The integration of therapy with other treatment modalities, such as medication and lifestyle changes
- The supervision of therapists
- The development of professional skills for mental health therapists, educators, and school psychologists