- Supreme Court temporarily backs LGBTQ student group seeking recognition at Jewish universityon September 15, 2022 at 1:24 am
The case could have broader implications as the Supreme Court has looked favorably on religious freedom claims in the context of education.
- Doctors urged to give weight counseling to women. Some aren't happy about it.on September 12, 2022 at 1:26 am
New recommendations suggest women ages 40 to 60 get advice about maintaining weight to stave off serious illness.
- Walking this number of steps every day can reduce dementia risk by 50%on September 10, 2022 at 1:25 am
A new study points to how much and how quickly you should walk to reduce your risk of dementia.
- Calls to suicide prevention lifeline rose 45% after changeover to 988 numberon September 10, 2022 at 1:22 am
Calls to the new 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline number increased 45% compared with the same time last year, and the majority of those calls were connected to a counselor.
- How listening to silence changes our brainson September 9, 2022 at 1:23 am
There is growing consensus that noise is a serious threat to our health and cognition.
- 'Digital self-harm’ is on the rise among teens: What parents can do to helpon September 8, 2022 at 1:21 am
New research highlights that teens who engage in “digital self-harm” are 15 times more likely to think about or attempt suicide.
- Stress during pregnancy may have a negative emotional impact on babies, study findson September 8, 2022 at 1:16 am
Babies with mothers who faced changing stress levels during pregnancy are predisposed to feeling frequent negative emotions like fear and distress,
- Parents urged to monitor children's mental health as students return to schoolon September 5, 2022 at 1:28 am
Children thrive on consistent routines and predictability, and their feelings need to be acknowledged and validated.