- Association takes its AI chatbot offline after complaintson June 2, 2023 at 7:03 pm
National Eating Disorders Association said it had to take its AI-powered chatbot offline after some complained the tool began offering “harmful” and “unrelated” advice to those coming to it for support.
- By boosting memory consolidation, scientists may be able to help Alzheimer's patientson June 1, 2023 at 7:02 pm
This research might someday help people with memory loss.
- Cognitive decline accelerates after heart attackon May 30, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Having a heart attack may put you at risk of accelerated cognitive decline in later years, above and beyond what is considered appropriate for the aging mind.
- Volunteering may boost kids’ well-beingon May 30, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Volunteering through school, a religious organization, or a community group is associated with better overall health and wellness among children and adolescents.
- Biggest signs of autism in adulthoodon May 25, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Internally, many undiagnosed adults with autism say they feel different from those around them.
- What does cortisol do to the body? All about the 'stress hormone.'on May 24, 2023 at 6:57 pm
Your body responds to stress by releasing a steroid hormone called cortisol.
- Why do so many Black women die in pregnancy?on May 24, 2023 at 3:36 am
One reason: Doctors don't take them seriously.
- Social media is driving teen mental health crisis, surgeon general warnson May 24, 2023 at 3:22 am
Advisory calls attention to growing concerns about the link between social media use and depression and anxiety in children and adolescents.
- The good, bad and ugly about BMIon May 22, 2023 at 3:23 pm
The term BMI has become a societal judgment by putting people in arbitrary categories that perpetuate misconceptions about body weight.
- Who should have the ‘right to die’on May 20, 2023 at 3:25 pm
The argument over whether medically assisted death should be legal for doctors to aid people in ending their lives is still far from settled.
- Major League Baseball debuts 'MLB Together' platform for fans with focus on mental health, social impacton May 18, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Among the offerings are a text line for any fans needing free, confidential mental health and crisis support.
- Guidelines for kids with obesity: Family and treatment are keyon May 16, 2023 at 3:27 pm
The most effective treatments include face-to-face, family-based treatments, consisting of many different components and lasting 3 to 12 months.